Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have noticed that one of my figs was limping so I saw the leg and it looked kind of bluish purple. Could it be a broken leg? Or a hurt leg. She hasn't really done anything. The only thing I could think that she might have done is land in a wrong position. Or a spider like animals got in. I am not sure.

But I have posted some pictures.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
12,522 Posts
Could be due to an infection. If that's the case, it'll only get worse and you'll figure it out. If that's what it turns out to do, you might try treating with Doxycycline or injectable penicillin.

Pidgey

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
If it persists it might be worth a vet visit. I do see whee it is paler than the rest of the foot...but don't know if these 2 things are connected. Is she using the leg at all ? How is the grasping ability ?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, now... I think I see the problem: you're so near Washington, D.C. that you've got an infinite supply of infection and filth...

Try calling Booth Feed and see if they carry any tetracyclines (Tetracycline, Terramycin).

Pidgey
Lol it is about a 45 minute drive. I am not sure it is a infection. Because the day before the bird was perfectly fine. And then the next morning she wouldn't take out the other leg so i took them outside and she was limping.

·
Registered
12,522 Posts
Lol it is about a 45 minute drive. I am not sure it is a infection. Because the day before the bird was perfectly fine. And then the next morning she wouldn't take out the other leg so i took them outside and she was limping.
Yeah, it's tough telling whether it's just a temporary strain/injury versus some kind of deeper infection. If it's the former, it'll get better relatively quickly. If it's the latter, it'll tend to get worse. Sometimes, you just have to wait and see. Anyhow, never hurts to figure out what your available resources are in the meantime.

And I'd move west.

Way, way, WAY west.

Pidgey

1 - 10 of 10 Posts