Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my baby pigeon, Brooke has not been growing. she has actually been losing weight. my "mentor" thinks she has a tapeworm, but she dosen't know what is causing the diarreha that she just started having this afternoon. does anyone know what causes diarreha in pigeons?:(

·
Registered
13,047 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Golly day.:( Hope it works out for brook! I'll pray for her!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Wow, Thats a cool link charis! You sure know your way around!

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Can you post a picture of Brooke? How old is she?

·
Registered
508 Posts
she has some Pics on her profile, I don't know when she will be on again.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
The pics aren't clear enough to see if she has missing feathers around the throat area. Sorry. That would indicate canker.

·
Registered
508 Posts
humm....... interesting.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
That could stop it from gaining. So could other things, but canker is often the problem with young pigeons.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I see. Man I'm learning alot from this site!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i will try to get better pictures of her and put them in my album. my squeaker, Piper fed Brooke this morning. now she won't let me feed Brooke ;) :D thanks for all your posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
one of her nest-mates has canker, i can see it in his mouth. my mom went to "global pigeon supplies*" on rowland avenue here in georgia, to get "Multi-Mix". the guy at *G.P.S. suggested it.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Sqeakers don't feed other pigeons. How old is piper?
And you said one of his nest mates has canker. Pigeons only have one nest mate. So who has canker? What relation is it to Brooke?

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
By the way, you do know that you'll have to medicate all of them, as it is very catchy. If one has it, they will probably all have it. You can't always see it. But I will say that it should be metronidazole or Spartrix, or something for canker.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have never heard of sqeakers feeding squabs before either. but I don't know!?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
By the way, you do know that you'll have to medicate all of them, as it is very catchy. If one has it, they will probably all have it. You can't always see it. But I will say that it should be metronidazole or Spartrix, or something for canker.
yeah, they are all being treated with Multi-Mix, and the one that i can see the canker in gets meds for canker(i can't remember what it is called). the one that is feeding Brooke is an older squeaker, almost a youngling. none of them are related (that i know of). i said "nest mate" because they sometimes share a nest. the Spartrix has been recomended by Ms. Pat also. and Piper has been feeding Brooke. I have not fed her at all today, as she has always been full. I have seen Piper feed Brooke, and Piper acts like she is Brookes mom. I have to give Piper a double-portion (she gives Brooke food after I feed her, and then comes back for more). Piper is a funny bird:rolleyes:

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Sqeakers don't feed sqeakers. How old is piper?

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
They should all be getting the canker med. What is it Spartrix?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts