Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you tell me what causes bug yeye pigeons
I have got a new born with bug eyes, I have only seen it 3 times in 30 years.
Will this go away and grow up to be normal?
Will it just die ?
What causes it ?
Can I prevent it ?
Howp you can help thanks Lloyd QSRA

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
What kind of pigeon is it? Some breeds have bug eyes............can you post a picture? I've never heard of a "regular" breed having bug eyes......doesn't mean they don't or can't.........I've just never heard of it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
On Dr. Wilmer Miller's dove site http://www.ringneckdove.com/ there's a photo of a dove with what Dr. Miller refers to as 'bulge eyes" (see his "bird photo" section). It's apparently a genetic mutation of some kind, where the cornea of the eyes bulge notably. The photo is of an adult dove, and he mentions a pair of 'bulge eyed' birds mating and producing some normal offspring. So, if this is the condition you mean, the birds can live what sounds like a normal life. He says this condition doesn't seem to significantly affect their vision.

P.S. in the 'Bird Photos' section, click on "Silky Doves, Flare, Bulge eyes, Bald Squabs" to see the image mentioned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.