Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a what’s now two day old baby pigeon. I am feeding kaytee exact hand feeding formula every three hours with a fine tipped pipet that I insert down the throat. The youngest pigeon I ever raised was already one day old but this one was 0 days old, hatched in my incubator. Does anybody know what this bump is? Am I feeding it wrong? And does it make a difference from raising a one day old chick or a 0 day old chick? Thank you

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have a what’s now two day old baby pigeon. I am feeding kaytee exact hand feeding formula every three hours with a fine tipped pipet that I insert down the throat. The youngest pigeon I ever raised was already one day old but this one was 0 days old, hatched in my incubator. Does anybody know what this bump is? Am I feeding it wrong? And does it make a difference from raising a one day old chick or a 0 day old chick? Thank you
Hi Pigeonkeeper154,

Nice squab, Congrats :)

Is the bump where the tip of your feeding pipet touches? 🧐

Possible to gently open beak and see if there's any 'spongy growth'? Could be canker.

"And does it make a difference from raising a one day old chick or a 0 day old chick? "

IMO; not really; but keep in mind I haven't got any experience hand raising from incubator so....

Good Luck :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Petal Wood Freezing Plastic bag Landscape
I don’t think it has canker it just hatched and Has not come in contact with any other bird just my hands. I have rasied a baby in the part that had this, he is still alive and grown. My main concern is should I be using the formula with omega-3 or the high in fat one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts