Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what time of year is best to buy my first birds? Of corase my loft needs to be complete but timing could help motivate a guy.
Thanks Jack

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
I got my youngsters in early spring, when they were about 6 weeks of age. Usually breeding season begins December around here, so you might be able to get some babies in January, depends on when the fanciers start their breeding season in your area.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Depends on when you want to start racing, and if you want old or young birds! :)

If you want to race next year (young bird season of course), you'll either need breeders by next spring, or you'll need to buy some young birds sometime next spring-early summer to get started. With breeders, the earlier the better, so that they can get acclimated and ready to start breeding when it's time. Mine will probably be paired up by the first of Dec.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

thanks, Just thinking about young birds for now and if all goes right try to race them. I have a lot to do first.
Jack

·
Registered
470 Posts
thanks, Just thinking about young birds for now and if all goes right try to race them. I have a lot to do first.
Jack
if your looking for breeders........i would say now!!!! now! is the best time to buy birds are cheap,if you wait till november or december the prices are going up because of high demand everybody looking for breeders for next season..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts