Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
857 Posts
I sell a lot of pigeons and the only way I take payment, when shipping, is a USPS money order from the post office.
In my experience other money orders are often fake.
USPS money oders have a metallic strip and a hologram and are checked against a list of lost and stolen money orders when I use them to ship the birds at the post office.
I suggest sending a USPS money order with delivery confimation, so the reciever has to sign to get it, that way you have a strong case for mail fraud if they don't deliver.
Also do your research on the seller. If they have been selling pigeons for a long time you should be able to find some feedback from other customers.
Keith

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Say jang, how are you doing? Is it possible to get local birds that you can see fly? If not, you can go on line and find them under [shipping boxs/pigeons] and have them ship it directly to NY and then you send the shipper the postage. You can go to the post office and they can tell you approx. cost for shipping 10 birds 10 to 15 lbs. with the box.

·
Registered
857 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
yea I gotta call from some other seller that I contacted last week and he said that he is willing to the give the birds for free as long as i pay for the boxes and shipping and one question where do i get a box for 10 birds and how much does it cost for shipping from new york to california (10 birds)?

I found him on this site.
The box cost between 25 and 35 dollars. the shipping will be much more about 40-50 dollars. Now let me ask you what kind of birds are you looking for there are people here in California that may have the type birds that you are looking for.You can buy the box thru one of the pigeon supply houses so they would ship it directly to the guy in NEW YORK that is going send the birds you will also have a shipping charge that will add to the cost. GEORGE;)

·
Registered
450 Posts
You should check the adoption forum, we have many members here in the SF Bay Area, are so many pigeons needing a home, what type of birds are you looking for? Do you have pics of your loft? Are you interested in King pigeons? check the adoption forum, and you will find many options there, we have a member here her name is Elizabeth and she rescue pigeons this is her website www.rescuereport.org they are big and beatiful white pigeons, but not good flyers, give us some description about what you want, and I'm sure you will find many members that can help you with a low cost or even free here in California no shipping fee. ;)

Ivette

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Jang, that sounds about right. Unfortunately Horizon only has one competitor, that I know of, so they have a virtual monoply on the box business.
I looked at their competitors boxes and they were smaller and cost more than Horizon's.
I would love to see some competition develop because the boxes seem way overpriced, for their quality and the slow service Horizon supplies.
It is such a niche market that it unlikely that any reasonably priced competition will develop.
Keith

1 - 17 of 17 Posts