Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i was very kindly sent here from pigeon & pet chat who have all been very helpfull but my new friends thought you could help a bit more as i'm in the uk newcastle upon tyne so in short we found a young pigeon on friday who is now doing realy well thanks to all the good advice i have been given but he has hurt his leg and my vet won't see him it seems to be alot better that it was on friday he would only stand on one legs but how he's on two but when he walks he limps he is very tame when i let him out he sits by my legs and tries to fly up on my legs but he can't fly very good yet so i'm kind of leaning towards keeping him what do you all think anymore advice would be great thanks

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
No Crystal I did not send you to Pigeon-talk for I sent you to Feefo who is from the UK and has her own website. Just want to be clear on that... Pigeon-talk is a good forum too and it does not matter but just wanted that clear...c.hert

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry c. hert

sorry about that c.hert you have been most kind i thought with this being the link i was suposed to come here never mind the more help the better

·
Premium Member
9,476 Posts
Hi and welcome

I expect you've already had advice on what to feed, and how that depends on his probable age.

Is he a feral pigeon or a wood pigeon? The options may be different.

There is a vet on this list (Feefo's website) who may see the pigeon - it is

First Vets
371-375 Chillingham Rd
Newcastle upon Tyne,
NE6 5SB

0191 276 1064‎

Is the young pigeon just a little too young to fly or does there appear to be any kind of injury? A picture would be good if you you could post one.

Fire away with any specific questions :)

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Thats fine my wonderful new friend. This website has some very wonderful people but I said good bye awhile back to them now I just once in awhile look at some of the postings. I just happen to notice my name so I had to check it out....Take care and you are doing a wonderful job with your birdie and do go on to Feefo's website and check it out....c.hert

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
He is a feral squeaker....soooo cute!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah he is i love him already thanks for lettin me know what kind he is hi feefo i believe c.hert has been letting you know all about us its nice to meet you

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Welcome Crystal! c.hert look out for the UK rescuers on Pigeon and Pet Chat and contacts me if she considers it appropriate as she knows that I am gradually building up a good circle of people in the UK that will help pigeon rescuers. Some of them are well known rescue centres but others are individuals that I have met through my website, on Facebook and here.

Cynthia

1 - 12 of 12 Posts