Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, it wasn't smart I know but I didn't think it would happen. I have three pairs of white birds, but one male did not come back from a toss. His female laid two eggs about three days later, after about a week of just her sitting on them I decided to toss them and give her dummy eggs. Well, my other two pair had just laid eggs and I figured, what the heck and put one egg each in their nest. In both nests all three eggs hatched two days ago. I really shouldn't have cause I do not have a foster pair to put two babies under but I did. So can the pairs feed three babies?

Tony

·
Registered
941 Posts
yes they can, I have one pair raising three young no problems, just make sure plenty of feed is available, my pairs are really good feeders and the parents get real messy and it shows on their necks from spillage!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes they can, I have one pair raising three young no problems, just make sure plenty of feed is available, my pairs are really good feeders and the parents get real messy and it shows on their necks from spillage!
Sounds like a good plan, I am keeping feed in the nest boxes and refill twice daily, plus the parents are feeding with the others morning and night.

Thanks,
Tony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts