Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a breeding pair and i had them since they were 3 months old they have 2 babies verry young (few days old ) and i want to let the parents out as soon as possible i have no other pigeons . so if i do let them out will they return ?
also where we live its full of crows, they are scared of crows and its also mating season. should i let them out ?
how can i let them out? im realy bonded to them and dont want to loose them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't let them out when they have babies that young. Where are they housed at the moment? Do you have them in an outside aviary?
yes they are outside but its quite warm here(9 degrees celcious with a bit of sun and high humidity ) and they are in a natural made pigeon nest also there nest is in a little cave

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Well, it's up to you. There's always a risk involved, they might get spooked and fly away and not return. Or they will stick around. I would at least wait till the babies are a little bit older.

·
Registered
247 Posts
What type of pigeons are they?
Are they trained to trap (or know a way in and out of coop?
Better to raise a few rounds of young and start with the young. Teach them to trap and feed sound. Let them out hungry then work your way up to the parents depending on breed

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What type of pigeons are they?
Are they trained to trap (or know a way in and out of coop?
Better to raise a few rounds of young and start with the young. Teach them to trap and feed sound. Let them out hungry then work your way up to the parents depending on breed
they are not trapped trained
i have no idea of the breed but i think they are quite similar to the ones in this video:

·
Registered
247 Posts
they are not trapped trained
i have no idea of the breed but i think they are quite similar to the ones in this video:
Not sure on the breed you have. Look like some kind high flyers or something from India or Afghan. As long as they are not honing pigeons you should have no issue flying. I would breed a few rounds then let them all out

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure on the breed you have. Look like some kind high flyers or something from India or Afghan. As long as they are not honing pigeons you should have no issue flying. I would breed a few rounds then let them all out
so today i let them out and they were just fine only a few problems with a cat or two however they didnt fly maybe next time. thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts