Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day to everyone. :)

I breed with ring neck doves and I have some new colours (or types). I'm trying to breed more professionally, and hopefully in the future I can breed some more different colours you don't typically find here in South Africa.

I was wondering if anyone could help me identify the types (like white, cream, orange etc.) in the pictures below.

Thank you in advance.
Nico

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for the replay,
All of them are the same size about one year old now. (Yes there is a non ring neck dove in the picture at the back. This one is the reason why I start to breed with ring neck doves)

Two years ago after my late afternoon running I discovered him on the ground barely moving. He was about 4 days old and the strong wind at that time must have blown him out of the nest. So I pick him up and raise him with the idea to set him free at a later stage but he refused and become part of the family. He is quite happy in the aviary now.

My purpose now is to breed new colors in South Africa so I like to identify it correctly because I keep record of them all and made leg rings to keeping history of my breeding program. I have other colors also and have their color information.

I don’t understand which last one you refer to.

Have a blessed day
Nico

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My apologies I understand the last one,
The last ring neck dove is a pure bread ring neck dove in all the coos and character.

Unfortunately have I no pictures of the breeding pair. The father was very old and passed away after their last chicks. The father looks just like the one in the picture except he has light brown wings with white tips. The mother was a Rose (brown) with a dark red head and chest. I’ll try to find some pick’s on the net and post it to make more sense.

So to my understanding is their some bloodline in the two youngsters from the past of the parents.

Greetings

1 - 6 of 6 Posts