Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a baby pigeon on July 17, 2010 in New York City by my building. A woman up the street was caring for it for 3 days outside. We have had extremely hot temperatures for 2 weeks. I told her I would take it in and I did. I tended to it for 2 days and brought it to the Wild Bird Fund on Columbus and 87th St. The woman Rita told me that it may be visually impaired or have a virus, because it was not responding when she waved her hand in front of her eyes. Yet when she turned off the light in the room and put a light to her eyes her pupils contracted. She said if the latter were the case, meaning virus, they would have to put it to sleep. I was like...WHAT??? They said they were going to watch the bird for a week and that I should call back on Monday. This pigeon is so sweet, and has the best personality. I wish I could keep her as a pet, but I do not have the space in my apartment, and I really do not understand birds, because I have never had one. If this pigeon is visually impaired, the thought of her being out on the street in this state just kills me. If ANYONE knows anyone in New York with a farm, large apartment, aviary, or anything who would be willing to care for this bird and take her as a pet I would really appreciate it. She would make the best pet. I would be willing to supply bird seed. Please contact me at the following number 1-917-302-2775. Thank you!

Aaron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts