Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
You could show them... I don't think many people do. They just go under tipplers. All Flying tipplers get lumped in together. There is also exhibition tipplers. Flying tippler standard is this.

http://www.azpigeonclub.org/bird_standards/flying_tippler.php

Check out my photo albums to see mine. Can you post pictures of yours? Do you fly them?

EDIT: tipplers/ high flyers are purely performance and I don't believe many if anyone breeds to the standard. I don't think really anyone shows them, I think more would show exhibiton

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
So I have two questions can you show Pakistani Highflyers at pigeon shows or are they purely a performance breed?

My second question is if anyone has the show standards for this breed of pigeon??? or knows where I could find it???
Hi MORALES,yes you can show them,I looked in the book of standards ,I have the old book they are not listed in that book. However a new book of standards has come out last year they may be listed. I don't know if there is anyone that can judge them. I will get the web address for the NPA for you and post it later. GEORGE;)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Showing Rare Breeds

Of course any club hosting a show can make theior own rules. The Rare Breeds Pigeon Club approach is that at a rare breeds meet any rare breed can be entered and the judge will review them. But if there is no show standard recognized by the Club then those birds cannot be considered for awards such as Best Rare Flying, Best Rare Owl Breed, etc., nor will Master Breeder points be awarded.

The reason for this is if there is no show standard then the judge cannot determine how closely the birds entered compares to a standard and cannot award a score.

Link

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
These are Pakistani High flyers that where a gift to me from a friend who brought the parents directly from pakistan, I went to his loft and have seen all of his birds he only breeds pakistani high flyers that fly upwards of 8 hours without stopping, he competes with them. I saw your birds and mine are all grizzles not prints your birds look similar to mine but their bodies are thicker and Ive clocked these birds at over 8 hours of fly time several times.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Time doesn't matter, both pak high flyers and tipplers fly for 18+ hours, so 8 doesn't say a thing about what they are. Just because they came from pakistani from a pakistani doesn't mean the pakistanis high flyers. Print is a type of grizzle for one thing and they have print pakistani high flyers, so print doesn't determine breed. I had an Indian think they were Pakistani and a Iraqi. I asked the Pak high flyer forum what they think. Like i said i could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty sure those are Print tipplers you have. Which is a kind of English tippler.
They both can fly 18+ hours. I am not positive on all the differences but what I understand is Paki's do not kit up as tipplers do. Also high flyers will stay high a lot longer, though tipplers can go high also.
I have talked to many Pakistani fellows who live over in England and know both birds very well. They assured me mine are Print's not Paki's, though some look almost identical. I know they can both come in blue bars.
Google image 'Print Tipplers' and Pakistani high flyer and you will start to see the difference. Paki's usually have a solid neck and head.
I was wrong for months and now finally know...

If you really want to be confused search Danish high flyers =]
(I hear they don't fly long)

It doesn't really matter in the end. You are better off weith the tipplers as far as I see.
They have been breed better.
They all came from the same bird anyways, and I don't mean how all came from the Rock Pigeon.
I believe these English tips came directly from Pakistan, and I'm told Pakistani high flyers originated in India.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I dont know where you heard they only fly for a few hour??? Tipplers were bred for long flying more than pak high flyers, All the records are done with tipplers, 22 hours was done with tipplers. They also do it with paks but tipplers are the main long performance flyer. I never said your birds were prints. i said they dont look like pakistanis. Im taking whatever the Pakistanis say as an authority on this one. They know both breeds well. Were wait and see what they say.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok ill have to do some more research than, but Im still not convinced, mainly because the birds that I have do not kit and they mainly dot fly and only come down a few times where I can see them and then go back up, also my birds are still pretty young and not completely developed yet they are only around five months old if I remember right, But I guess Ill just have to wait till I get some more time to do some research. Thank you anyways for the advice though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.