Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends Today I went to my Loft and I noticed a pigeon being lehtergic and reluctant To move and I opened his mouth he has Canker should I sperate the pigeon from flock or not and plz tell me how to Treat the whole flock for Trichomoniasis....

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Yes you need to seperate him. Get metronidazole from a pharmacy and give him 10 mg per 100 gr birdweight once a day for 7 to 10 days or until the growths are gone. For an adult pigeon you can give 50 mg once a day. This is highly contageous. Do you give regular apple cider vinegar in their drinking water? 5 ml acv to 1 litre of water twice a week. This will help in keeping them healthy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you need to seperate him. Get metronidazole from a pharmacy and give him 10 mg per 100 gr birdweight once a day for 7 to 10 days or until the growths are gone. For an adult pigeon you can give 50 mg once a day. This is highly contageous. Do you give regular apple cider vinegar in their drinking water? 5 ml acv to 1 litre of water twice a week. This will help in keeping them healthy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was giving them Acv Once in a week...now I will give them for 2 days plz tell me should I disinfect The loft ....

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
No need for disinfection, just clean the water and foodbowls. The organism that spreads canker, does not survive for long outside the host.

Acv won't cure canker, you will need to give meds to the sick pigeons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts