Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cassidy, my little splay leg Iranian High Flier laid her first egg last night. Up till a couple of weeks ago I thought Cass was a boy. I also thought Rosie, the show flight was a hen. Boy was I 180 degrees in the wrong direction. The two paired up recently. It's been all coos and nuzzles and last night I find Cass on her egg looking ever so proud with Rosie standing near. Will get some pics of the lovely couple in a few days. Ah, the milestones in our lives.:)

Margaret

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
They are such a cute pair. I really like her. :) She is so adorable.

Are you going to let them hatch one of the eggs?

And is splayed legs a gene or defect after birth? If it runs in the genes its probly not best to let them hatch the egg.

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Hi Margaret!

Squeaks and I send our CONGRATULATIONS to the happy couple!!

Love, Hugs and Scritches To Cass and Rosie!

Shi & Squeaks

:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
15,536 Posts

And is splayed legs a gene or defect after birth? If it runs in the genes its probly not best to let them hatch the egg.
Nothing to do with genes.......happens when the nesting material isn't quite right..........can happen to any baby, any time......;)

·
Registered
2,014 Posts

Michael,

No, they will get the wood eggs as soon as she lays the second one. I don't like to crossbreed my birds. Rosie is a Show Flight and they are generally not good parents once the babies hatch. I have to use foster parents.

Margaret

1 - 7 of 7 Posts