Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember my missing squab? Well it's still gone, but I caught the culprit!

:eek::eek: It was my neiborhood squirrel! ! ! Now Im glad i decided to use the live trap and not a snap trap ( that would have been a bloody mess! )
and I would have felt a little worse if I had killed a squirrel even if it dose attack my wild birdfeeders in the winter.

Anyway my brother and I took it to my grandparent's house (3 miles away),
where they feed squirrels along with wildbirds yearound.

I forgive the rodent; it was just following it's God given instincts.

But now i need to go to work on my coop I have to make it rodent proof!:eek:

Advice??:confused:

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
You need to use 1/4 inch hardware cloth.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Was the squirrel a male or female, if it was a female it might have babies. I have found out that they would rather eat peanuts than meat. But I still would squirrel proof your coup. But it might come back if it have babies. They stay with the mother for over a year even after she has another batch of babies. min

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Was the squirrel a male or female, if it was a female it might have babies. I have found out that they would rather eat peanuts than meat. But I still would squirrel proof your coup. But it might come back if it have babies. They stay with the mother for over a year even after she has another batch of babies. min
yes 3 miles is nothing to a squirrel, it will be back...they have territories. you should of taken it farther.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did not check the gender of the the squirrel but all be on the look out.

thanks -Columba livia!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Most animals will eat meat if given a chance including animals many people think are entirely vegetarian.
Squirrels, mice, rats, muskrats, chipmunks, horses, cows and deer will all eat at least small amounts of meat they come across, when given a chance.
Some animals are just not very equipped to catch and kill it.
Deer, cows and horses will eat baby rabbits right out of the nest, when they find them.
Except for people, mammals eat the amniotic sack and placenta after giving birth, which are both obviously meat.
Keith

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Keith:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts