·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This may just be one of those opportunities.

This bird will never be seen on Pigeons and Doves, so I moved the thread.

There has been discussion many times on various threads about how to acquire foundation breeding stock. This may just be one of those opportunities. Instead of investing Ganus type dollars on an unproven YB, for perhaps the price of a couple of unproven, you can own a proven 1st Place race winner against greater numbers of birds then most combines in USA.

A proven breeder of three 1st Place winners for Cees Schroever

Bird sold with pedigree from Cees Schroever. No warranty other then bird will arrive in good health.

Sale is being forced due to financial circumstances of owner who is unemployed.

Serious USA inquiries only. Send your confidential bid to [email protected] with bid in message.

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is their a starting bid, And when does it end?
No starting bid has been published, except to say that it will never get done if there is not at least four digits in the numbers and it is better then previous offer. Owner wants and needs to sell, but has thousands of EURO into this bird, and as far as when will it end ? It will end when a reasonable offer comes through, and the parties agree to terms, and monies exchange hands. Which if that is going to happen, I suspect it will happen over the next several weeks. I didn't think that far ahead to set a deadline.

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good idea, may take awhile, owner does not have a computer. Will have him stop over and will scan and put up. Unless I can find data filed on my system. Had a hard drive crash few weeks back, everything has not been re-installed as of yet.

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Trying to show a pedigree and picture on here. The files I have are two large, if you have any interest, I think I can email the photo and pedigree. The bird is certainly from a performance line.

Best Published Preformances:

1st / 5191 p
21st/ 5569 p
39th/ 1754 p
42nd/ 2286 p
65th/ 4037 p
75th/ 4967 p
100th/ 5015 p
150th/ 10,083 p

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Seems to me a few weeks ago,someone knocked the Janssen pigeons of late...Offspring only winning with very small birdage in the races....Seems like this pigeon fits right in with the Janssen pigeons...Offspring winning with 430P.....302P....174P.....Alamo
You are right there, no evidence of producing a winner against thousands of pigeons like the sire Witpen 568,....yet. Gonna need an active fancier who owns a few good hens, and who is active in a number of racing venues with over 5000 birds participating to make that happen.

If I said those things, must have been taken out of context, if those small bird events are One Loft events, where presumably breeders are sending their best with $1000 checks attached, those wins can be significant. But, in this case, you right, these were small club events back when video was made. Since then I don't know, some major wins may have occurred since then. If so, then he is worth even more.

And so, you are correct, this pigeon is not in the same class as a $100,000 Ludo or even a $25,000 Janssen. But, then again, I don't think the owner is really expecting to get those kinds of offers either. This is just another import, with a successful race history and some breeding success so far. Course there are a lot of lofts in the USA which do not own a winning race bird when there were 5000+ birds in a race, so that does put Witpen 568 in a different class then many combine winners.

It's one thing to acquire a "good" bird, quite another to actually know what to do with it. One also needs a stable of good breeding hens in which to pair him to. Witpen 568 has been sitting on a perch for the last three years as the owner has not even raced or produced any teams. Getting back into racing pigeons for this fellow fancier was a slow start and just never materialized.

And being the sportsman that I am, I didn't want to diminish the success that Cees Schroevers had with this bird, or to kick a little guy when he is down, so I offered to share this bird and it's story for my friend who is down right now. And if he would have produced a bunch of YB's and gotten back into racing, I am sure some 1st Place Wins within the YRPC would have been just fine with him, even if our club often flies with fewer then 400 club birds in a race. And for your typical fancier, winning 1st Place Wins in your club, is the 1st step.

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is a photo and ped:

For those seriously interested, this bird is being sold on iPigeon this week. The owner needs funds to pay to have a tree removed from his front yard as well as roof repairs. I don't think I will become the owner, but as long as it was being given away I figured I would place a small bid.

http://www.ipigeon.com/auction/XcAPViewItem.asp?ID=100357

Very nice handling bird. Take a little peak ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16HoxelCeNY

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Warren, do you know if the bird is filling eggs?
He did in 2009, he hasn't been breeding since then, owner got rid of most of his birds, was throwing out eggs, separating them, etc. I'm telling you this bird will make someone a great foundation breeder. No "Unproven" YB with a pretty pedigree. You have what most in USA would call an honest to goodness good racing pigeon. I would have ponied up some money to keep him, but then he requires a couple of great hens and a few pumpers.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
He did in 2009, he hasn't been breeding since then, owner got rid of most of his birds, was throwing out eggs, separating them, etc. I'm telling you this bird will make someone a great foundation breeder. No "Unproven" YB with a pretty pedigree. You have what most in USA would call an honest to goodness good racing pigeon. I would have ponied up some money to keep him, but then he requires a couple of great hens and a few pumpers.
Thanks for the info Warren.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts