Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost a month ago a white king pigeon walked down the driveway of a local business, and started following around the man who owned it. They posted about it on here and I went Wednesday to pick up Chico, who is a ginormous king that I think is a female. She had been alone with them for long enough to be quarantined and just followed the husband around everywhere like a dog. When I picked her up she was preening his fingers and everything, it was adorable. But the poop was a problem. I told them about PGWear and how Chico could be kept in a cage at night and wander with them during the day.

Chico didn't seem to recognize other pigeons but got along fine with them right off. I posted about her on several different sites in hopes of finding her owner as she is pretty tame and obviously well-loved. But best of all I received a call this morning from the couple who can't stand to be without Chico and want her back. The husband is down at Home Depot right now gathering aviary materials. :) I am more than happy of course to give her back, as she seems to like being a pet and will be happiest that way. Here are a few pictures of her:

http://picasaweb.google.com/awrats3333/Chico#

·
Registered
450 Posts
Oh, what a great news MJ, I remember this post, God bless you and this family for all the good things that are doing. I love happy endings. ;) they can probably think about adopting a male in the future for chico, she looks so cute.

Ivette

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exactly, they would like a mate for her in the future when the aviary is set up, and I have just the big guy for her, a youngster of my giant guy Hoss. He is pretty large. You should see her in person, she just dwarfs my normal sized pijies. She's a Big Mama! :D:D And these people just really love her, it's so nice to see, and I was SO glad when I got that message they want her back. I know she'll be very happy to go back even though she is adjusting well here.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
What a heartwarming story, MJ. I'm glad she is "going home" and will have a new husband in the near future too! :p

That was very kind of you to keep her, and to give her back.

·
Registered
813 Posts
OMgoooshhhhhh-- I have that warm and fuzzy feeling reading this! AMAZING you are MaryJane! and that is one lucky Big Momma.... WAY TO GO--- and a round of applause for the family wanting her back.... --- ahhh--- so TWEET!

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This girl was SO HAPPY to be home, she strolled out of the carrier, walked all over looking for her dad (who was up the hill building a deluxe ultra luxurious aviary), went to her food and had a bite and a drink, then flew up to her top shelf and preened before falling asleep. She was tremendously pleased with herself. I will upload her pictures tomorrow. I also got a lovely basket of lemons from her mom and a donation for the rescue. They are the nicest people and I am so happy she is able to live with them as this will make her the happiest for sure. :D:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts