Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm very new to this, just over a week ago a racing pigeon flew in to my mums kitchen and straight into a bowl of cooling chip fat!! She has been "hawked" (according to a pigeon fancier)

She clearly flew into the kitchen however cannot fly at all now she has some slight injures to her chest and her left wing, but I'm assuming its the grease preventing her from flying! I've bathed her twice already with fairy liquid (advised by the pigeon bloke) but she's still really greasy any advice will be greatly received many thanks

Dianna and pidge :p

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Not sure if you have this, but can you get the Dawn original dishwash liquid?

It will help cut the grease. Make sure to keep the bird warm and out of air drafts.

Also, allow the bird to bathe in a small tub of water with a little apple cider vinegar, it should be okay, unless the bird actually has open wounds.

Is the bird eating...and pooping well otherwise?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She is eating great and pooping very well!! I've bathed her again and have just wrapped her up in a towel to keep her warm she has no open wounds as such but a lot of bald patches on her chest and under her wings will see how she looks when she dries. Never really been a pigeon kind of person, but definitely fell in love :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts