Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone would know what would be a great pigeon racing gift for my dad. I really don't know what to get him because all he always says is, "I don't care". Even after 23 years I STILL don't know what my dad likes so we always end up giving either clothes or money. This year I want it to be a little more special so if anyone has any ideas please let me know. Something pigeon related would be very great :). Thankyou all!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ps...I was thinking binoculars so he could see his birds better when letting them fly. But more ideas would be great :). Thanks!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone would know what would be a great pigeon racing gift for my dad. I really don't know what to get him because all he always says is, "I don't care". Even after 23 years I STILL don't know what my dad likes so we always end up giving either clothes or money. This year I want it to be a little more special so if anyone has any ideas please let me know. Something pigeon related would be very great :). Thankyou all!
How about a lifetime membership to the AU, a little pricey at $300 though.
If you check out "homing pigeons" or "racing pigeon's" on Ebay, they have some neat stuff like pigeon mug's etc. Good luck!

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
There are lots of videos, books, and some magazines you could get him if he doesn't have them already :) There's also a lot of neato pigeon stuff on ebay. Binoculars are a great idea though. My dad loves to take his when we train my birds, so he can see them from far off.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
A drawing of his best or favorite bird by MaryofExeter. If you haven't checked out her work, you have to. This is one talented youngster.
Daryl

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sweet! So many great ideas, I don't know what to chose... I'm heading a little more towards the pigeon racing digest subscription or binoculars though. Just because he will have long term use with them. Thanks everyone for the great ideas! Merry christmas!

·
Registered
119 Posts
ITS FUNNY SUGGESTED BINOCULARS FOR YOUR DAD (DaKine). BECAUSE THATS JUST WHAT I GOT THIS MORNING FOR CHRISTMAS FROM MY FATHER IN LAW. I CANT WAIT UTILL THIS SPRING TO USE THEM. HAVE TO WAIT TILL THEN BECAUSE OF THE HAWKS.

·
Registered
135 Posts
My husband gave me a wonderful gift; patience and understanding through out the year in raising my birds, and putting up with me going in and out of the house with feathers in my hair, and pigeon droppings on my shoulders.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Christmas morning

A coupon made from you saying you will clean his loft for for 3 months of his choice and spend time with him that would make any father happy all year long. just a quick note one of My birds Gave me their first egg on christmas morning what a surprise

1 - 12 of 12 Posts