Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Last night one of my cats knocked over one of my ringneck dove's cages. The dove is perfectly fine and just flew around the room (The cats never bother the doves). Anyways, I have some of those sticky fly trap ribbons hanging from the ceiling and it looks like she brushed one with her right wing because the trailing edges of the feathers closest to her body are coated in the sticky stuff and the feathers are all stuck together. The glue is thankfully non-toxic so I don't have to worry about that.

What I need advice on is how I should go about removing the glue from her wing. The method I use to remove the glue from my skin is to mix a bit of dawn dish soap and vegetable oil and that removes the glue. I was considering dabbing that mixture onto the affected areas with a cotton swab and then rinsing it off. Would that be a safe way to remove the glue? The only other way I can think to remove it would be to carefully trim away the glued parts of her feathers.

Thanks!

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
The oil helps to dissolve the glue, so that should work for your birds feathers also.

Have to say it. The doves cages shouldn't be where the cats can get at them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts