Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I accidentally cut my baby’s nail too short and it was bleeding a lot and I got really scared and I did the pressure, and cornstarch, and it stopped bleeding. But I noticed she was acting normal and wouldnt just chill out so it kept reopening and it would still be dropping a bit and I got worried so I got that kwick stop bleed stuff and I put it on and it seemed fine so I put her back in her cage (outside cage) and then I went to check on her like maybe an hour later and there was blood everywhere! I’m guessing it reopened from jumping up and down perch and stuff like that. But now I am very worried and I now brought her inside and I put more of that powder on it and put a piece of a bandage on it to cover it so she doesn’t reopen it. I’m just worried she’s going to lose too much blood ;-; she is acting 100% normal so that gives me hope but I am so worried. There is no bird hospital open so I don’t know what to do if it doesn’t stop bleeding. Will she be ok?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dont know how short you cut t it, but she hopefully be just fine.
I didn’t even clip that short I was trying to be super careful! But I will try see if I can get a picture tomorrow. She’s acting fine but she just keeps reopening the wound so I am just going to have to keep it covered for now

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Hi,

as he had a blood loss you could add to his drinking water a vitamin supplement containing iron and B-complex vitamins, it will help her to replace the lost red cells. Even lentils are a good source of iron.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts