Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, newbie here. I have an (apparently breeding) pair of pigeons sitting on two eggs for 10 days. I noticed 3 days ago the male was fluffed and the next day, shivering. According to my (internet) research I think it is coccidium(?) so ordered some items. Of course they are taking forever to get here.
Concerned the female and potential hatchlings will get sick before I'm able to effectively treat the male.
I gave ACV water for now. It's supposed to get below freezing the next couple nights.
Any input/suggestions/feedback?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
He looks better today, I've been fastidious about cleaning out the coop and changing the water. Strong dose of ACV yesterday, weaker today. Removed old food that was spilled near the feeder, and added ACV to the yard birdbath in case he drinks there.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Just get a fecal done. You can’t diagnose coccidia based on what you’ve described, and it’s just a good idea to have fecals done every so often.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Any vet can do it. The vets in my area require an exam of at least one of the birds. Farm vets might be more willing to just do the test.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts