Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i decided not to race this year hence breed no young birds, since i seperated cocks from the hens cant get more than 10 minutes flight out of the cocks where as the hens are flying like demons hour and a half today in the glorious sunshine , is this because they are coming down attracted to the hens in the other section of loft and if so what is the solution if their is one , many thanks jeff.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont want them getting into a routine of being lazy and not exercising , cant really be healthy for them to be sitting around all day and exercise is important imo, i feed cocks and hens the same so weight is not a problem although one or two are a little plump to say the least .

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
you may want to flag them then.. I think your observation on why they do not fly as much as the hens is probably right.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tried flagging and the problem ive found is that they land out of reach on other peoples roofs , may have to block my hens out of sight of them with some form of sheeting i think with the alternative being make them exercise via the basket .

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
ahhh yes the old road training..then they have to fly and pretty quick too to get back to those hens!..:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts