Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

I have read that birds shouldnt be kept in a draft etc, but everytime I turn my portable aircon unit on the dove flies over to the chair and sits right infront of it. Is this safe for the bird? I dont want her getting ill for something like this. She seems to be happy there and I am sure if she didnt like it she wouldnt sit there but should I let her do this?

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Hello folks,

I have read that birds shouldnt be kept in a draft etc, but everytime I turn my portable aircon unit on the dove flies over to the chair and sits right infront of it. Is this safe for the bird? I dont want her getting ill for something like this. She seems to be happy there and I am sure if she didnt like it she wouldnt sit there but should I let her do this?
LOL...........that's funny and to be honest, I don't know. Most pigeons and doves don't like the wind very much. Maybe she's having hot flashes.......LOL

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL I hope not, just been through a few months of her laying eggs and to be honest I am happy with the peace and quiet :D

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I don't see how it is bad, unless she's somehow inhaling some coolant or similar chemical, which I don't see how if it's safe for humans to use. :p I have a cockatiel who LOVES the hairdryer, on hot or cool, and I can't turn it on anywhere in the house without her freaking out and calling for me to blow dry her. :rolleyes::cool:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol ive let her get on with it, everytime I open the cupboard door she flys over and perches infront of the aircon unit. Anything to keep her quiet :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't see how it is bad, unless she's somehow inhaling some coolant or similar chemical, which I don't see how if it's safe for humans to use. :p I have a cockatiel who LOVES the hairdryer, on hot or cool, and I can't turn it on anywhere in the house without her freaking out and calling for me to blow dry her. :rolleyes::cool:
OMG!!! My cockatiel does the same thing! It's awesome because he hates getting wet, but since he loves the dryer so much we get to end bath time on a positive note! :D

Do remember though, birds' respiratory systems are 10x more sensitive than those of humans...that's why they'd put canaries in the coal mines, and why houses with birds should not use non-stick (Teflon) cookware.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts