Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day got a couple of new birds today and am lil unsure of the cockbird when I saw him I thought he was a silver bar but now he's home I can't really notice his bars and he has slight red hue? but was thinking possible silver barless maybe? also the 2 squeak hens do they display kite ? the black 1's bronzing is alot more obvious in the sunlight or is it just a bad black?

Attachments

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
The first one appears to be a spread ash-red. Ash-red barless is possible but most 'silver barless' birds are just spread. The second bird, I don't have much input at the moment (not feeling well), and the third looks a lot like a tort, which is bronze and grizzle.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
middle 1 is yet to go through a moult just yet will wait and see thinking 1st may be an ash red barless liking the colour choice you gave the 3rd :D

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Yeah, I believe most kites, the bronze is a bit more...noticeable, you know? It'll be interesting to see what he/she looks like after a moult :) I see some little darker specks in the wings. Sooty, perhaps? Either way, a pretty bird :)
How old is the bird in the last picture?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
she's a young 1 as well under 6mths have my reccesive red in mind to breed with her as I feel I would get some nice colours and yes I have fallen in the trap of colour preference but I know they're both great tumblers the reccesive red is also nestmate to the black I'm itching to start breeding from the new pair of rollers I obtained however I'm unable to obtain 2010 bands until may :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts