Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A store in my area started selling pigeon feed. The store wants to help support the pigeon racing sport. I mentioned a race with store name as sponsor. A percentage of band sales goes to the combine I fly with, a percentage raised from sales could be returned to winners by store credit or maybe even a TV. Just for fun and a way to help the combine with a fundraiser. The store will only make money on store sales NOT band sales for this race. They only need to have the bands available for sale when someone comes to the store. The store liked the idea and the race went on the combine (election) ballot to see if there was interest in the race.

:) An idea I had to go with this race was everyone could support the sport. EVEN non pigeon racers or owners. YES you need to be a combine member to fly the race (will be part of our regular YB 200 mile race) BUT anyone could donate a band to the race. The band could be flown by me or another member. Also the bird wearing the donated band could be a winner. (example: a gift card to a store can be used online) The bird wearing your band just might be the fastest to trap in the race.

Well the votes are in......:eek: The race is going to happen. I was also given a challenge by my wife to make this fundraiser bigger than the main fundraiser race we have now. Last year there were 566 bands sold for that race. Can it happen? If the "200 special" has that many band sales the combine would be VERY HAPPY. ** With members here on PT it might become a surprising challange. (15,000 members here and adding daily) I'd love to have to limit band sales due to truck size. **

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Offer for my PT friends

:) Just bumping for all to see again. I did have someone send me a band BUT it has to be the special band series purchased for this race.
:eek: To help with band sales and give a little insentive for donating a band I am going to make a offer to my PT friends:) I have sent out a DVD copy of a old VCR taped movie "The pigeon that worked a miricle". I know there are many here that still request it. The donation per each band in this race is $10. The DVD is priceless. I never charged for shipping or the DVD in the past. This is my offer: I will send you a copy of the movie when a band is donated for a $5 postage fee. So a $10 donation will get you a almost free movie. With a chance to win a gift certficate also. (a total of $15 USD, If you are not in USA the postage will probaly be higher we can work out some kind of deal.)
If I already sent you "The pigeon that worked a miricle". I also have a copy of "Oldest feathered friends" Want both? Donate 2 bands and $10 shipping, both will be sent to you. The small amount left over from shipping fees I will use to purchase some bands for myself. I will send the DVD(s) when I receive the donation. Click on my user name to go to my page here and contact by email, for me to send you an address, by email to send donation by snail mail. (I use pay-pal also). I will send the DVD(s) when I receive your donation before March 31, 2010.
Out of area birds can be banded with the bands (I would need to send bands to you $10 each) and when birds are received they will go into rotation.
If you want to donate a band without the DVD(s) just send $10 for each band.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PT has an entry from Drummonds, TN :) Foys 5710

I will keep a list on this post. You too can have have a band number here. Please remember I must purchase the band,:eek: The band must be part of the number series purchased for this race. So you don't need to own bands to be entered. Just send me or paypal me your $10 donation. Or your donation and handeling fee for the special DVD offer. How many states (or countries) will be entered from this website? You can be part of the list. :D

Thanks,
A_Smith

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
PT has an entry from Drummonds, TN :) Foys 5710

I will keep a list on this post. You too can have have a band number here. Please remember I must purchase the band,:eek: The band must be part of the number series purchased for this race. So you don't need to own bands to be entered. Just send me or paypal me your $10 donation. Or your donation and handeling fee for the special DVD offer. How many states (or countries) will be entered from this website? You can be part of the list. :D

Thanks,
A_Smith
Here is IF10 FOYS 5710. The only band sold here on on this website. Not sure if hen or cock yet. hatched March 15th. Sire is Hekkenklak from AU World of wings, Dam is Jansssen/Huskeyn. Not a great photo but just wanted to update the nosey bunch members.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:) 5710 was 3rd in my trap last week on his first race (17 seconds behind my first clock bird). Also clocked 5710 as a day bird this week also. :) Oct.3rd is the special race day.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:) 5710 was 3rd in my trap last week on his first race (17 seconds behind my first clock bird). Also clocked 5710 as a day bird this week also. Oct.3rd is the special race day.
10th to my loft in second 100 17 min behind my first
3rd home in 150 mile 4 minutes slow
6th on the 3rd 100mile race
TODAY first home :eek: on 2nd 150

The 200 special is next week :)

I was hoping for more compitition in this race but not many band sales. :(

G

·
10th to my loft in second 100 17 min behind my first
3rd home in 150 mile 4 minutes slow
6th on the 3rd 100mile race
TODAY first home :eek: on 2nd 150

The 200 special is next week :)

I was hoping for more compitition in this race but not many band sales. :(
times are tight for most folks these days but its nice to see your birds doing so well ,good luck with the rest of the season too ,hope they do well right to the end ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts