Pigeon-Talk banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
hello victor
treat with what sort of meds?
and as far as the ACV... i found some at the local grocery store that i bought but i haven't had a chance to get the "bragg's" ; which everyone seems so fond of...
this Coccidia? how would of she gotten it?
this is really strange tho isn't it? i think i need to hire a pigeon detective to solve this case... lol
thank you

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Hi again Carisa,

I went to my rebab chest downstairs and found what I use on my birds last year. It is a product called BAYVERM N made by the producers of Bayer. I got mine at Foys. It is a broad spectrum wormer effective against all internal worms. It is added to the drinking water.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
The ACV you get at the grocery store generally is not Braggs ACV with the "mother" ingredient.I get mine at GNC health store for under 3 dollars. It is comcentrate and goes a long way. It would not hurt to give them the real ACV till you can find the meds. Lay off the ACV while you are medicating though, then resume,I give mine a dosage to their individual water cups, and their community bowl in the flight pen twice a week, on Tuesday and Saturday.Just a preventative measure for them.

In between they get garlic and on another probiotics.

All these help keep bad things away for the most part.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
Check the resource section by Pigeonpal 2001 titled..."WORMS IN A NUTSHELL"
In addition, you might send off some poop to Foy's for analysis. You can get the how to send it information from the Foy's Pigeon Supply site. It might be a good idea.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
sad but true

i just wanted to let you all know that i had to get rid of compass :(
my youngest son has a animal allergy; and unfortunately i had to get rid of all my pets :( :(
but luckily michelle took my baby compass... so i know she is in a good home
thank you to everyone that ever helped me with her!

·
Registered
12,522 Posts
Well, now that really hurts! Frankly, I've got an allergy to pigeons, too, but I manage it the best that I can.

Pidgey

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Pidgey-- i wish that was the case here... my son who is 2 yrs old can't be around animal dander... he was having difficulty breathing and his eyes got all swollen and red... i took him to our allergist and he gave him the skin allergy test and apparently he is allergic to cats, dogs, rodents & birds!
i had to get rid of ALL of my pets; not just compass! i had 2 cats and a guinea pig too! this hasn't been easy for me; i have been and am very upset about it.
so please don't think so negatively about me ensuring my sons health...
i am awfully lucky that i found good homes for MY pets

·
Registered
12,522 Posts
Oh, I don't think negatively of you at all. I'm not so bad off that I can't manage it although I'd be better off if I did find someplace else for my birds. It's my lungs that are my problem--I could get pigeon lung very easily. The kind of symptoms you're describing are far worse than the ones I currently have. And I do sympathize with you about having to give up your animals, they're like family only you usually like them better because they're less disagreeable.

Pidgey

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
Carisa, I'm really sad to read that you had to find a new home for Compass and I know you'll miss him a lot. We all love our pigeons but a child comes first. I hope your son gets better soon and, hopefully, he may outgrow some of his allergies.

I hope you'll continue sharing our "pigeon escapades" on the forum.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
thank you all for your kind words...
i cannot wait for 16 yrs to go by so i can give my boy the boot, and get some more pets in my life! lol
i will be reading all your adventures still... i can pretend they're mine
thank you again

·
Registered
12,522 Posts
Well, how far away will Compass be? Close enough that you can visit from time to time and keep us abreast of her misadventures?

Pidgey

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Well, how far away will Compass be? Close enough that you can visit from time to time and keep us abreast of her misadventures?

Pidgey
not far... we're about 45 minutes away from eachother!
so i definetly will be visiting my baby!

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
I just love the first picture. What an expression on that pretty little face.

You know, this forum is something else for helping each other.

·
Guardian Angel
6,859 Posts
Carisa, I'm very sorry to hear about your sons allergies and your family's
need to find other homes for all of their pets. I'm also glad that Michelle
was able to adopt Compass who has turned into such a lovely pijie....I'm
sure she was getting checked-out royally by Michelle's pijie-boys. Anyway,
hope you'll still stop by and let us know how your doing or just enjoy reading
through the threads and adding your two cents.

Thanks Michelle for helping Carisa and Compass out by providing Compass
w/a forever home...

fp

21 - 38 of 38 Posts