Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I just wanted to hit you guys with a few questions to make sure I'm doing this right. I've been training pure white homers for the past few years, and never had any other birds besides pure whites. Now as of late I've sold all but one of my whites.

So I decided to buy a 2 pairs of Egyptian Swifts from someone I met on this site. After finally having them arrive, (no thanks to USPS), one of them managed to escape his box! So now I have 3 swifts (gender unknown) a grey racer, and my champion white that I decided to keep.

I've had the Swifts for about 2 weeks now, and I decided to start trying to breed the two I think are male and female. So I followed some instructions I received on the site and set them up in my breeding box. I kept them in for a total of 2 1/2 days, before returning them to the loft today. Now I have my two other pigeons chasing around my ES hen, and her supposed mate is doing nothing.

So in total I just ended up separating the birds, the white and grey male are separate and the 3 ES's are together. HELP ME, I'm not sure what to do now...

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
If you have 1 hen and 3 cock birds You should keep the 1 pair seperate. As the extra cocks will and are wanting to pair up to the hen. You can build a breeding compartment for this pair To help out. any way good luck

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pair I'm trying to breed together are now in a 2 1/2 ft wide by 4 1/2 ft tall area of my coop, with the other ES which I also believe to be a hen. Will the other hen pose a problem? I don't really care which one he pairs with, but I would prefer the first hen. I'm not even sure how to tell if they paired already...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts