Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I’m relatively new to pigeon husbandry and I’m still looking for the perfect friend to adopt. In the meantime, I wanted to know how I can prepare my other pets so they don’t pose a risk of harming any pigeons or doves I bring into the house. My main concern is my two cats. One of them is declawed and has pretty much no hunting instinct, he doesn’t even play, so I’m not concerned about him being dangerous around pigeons as long as both parties are monitored. My other cat, though, is very playful and has tried to catch birds outside in the past. He still has his claws, and although I have a location for the pigeon enclosure that will be safe and unreachable, I wanted to know if there’s a way for me to train him not to go after pet birds. He usually has a negative reaction to spray bottles, filled with water or air, but I try not to use it too often as I don’t want to make him resentful or afraid. He’s been around a pet conure in the past without any issues, but I’m unsure if he’ll be aggressive towards pigeons or doves as he’s never seen them before. Thanks in advance for any responses and sorry for the wall of text!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts