Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. Well about a month ago i had two pigeons i bred earlier in the year mating.. One was a homer and the other was a frill, They built a nest and stuff but never laid any eggs. I thought the frill was a cock and the homer was a hen.. About 3 weeks ago i split the birds up and put the frill in the cock section.. Which it seemed to stay in a box with a white homer cock who was always building a nest. So finally i decided ah what the heck and put it in the hen section and thought he must be a hen or a really unsexed pigeon.. So i go out and long behold she is on the floor looking like she was sitting on a egg in the hen section, I went to look in the other section to see if they finished eating all there food and "he" was moving very slow.., So i looked and "he" looked as "he" was gonna pass a egg with her butt muscle moving up and down along with her tail.

So i figure i better check and make sure everythings okay. So i check, and long behold there is a egg, So i put "him" back down and litterally watched "him" drop the egg on the floor so i guess the bird is a female afterall. Even though i will be chucking out the eggs. I guess my frill likes females and males lol .. Im 100% sure the younger homer is a hen.. Im am so confused!!!! I was so sure she was a cock bird lol

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
So, happy end huh? Confusion solved, are you sure he didn't smuggle egg from hen's section, just to put him back between hens?:D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Wow...I've never actually seen my hens lay but there is always some *dumb* bird that will lay theirs in the water and contaminate it before I can get to her...
Annoying. Your birds must be very entertaining. :D
Would like to see this "hemaphrodite" in action lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts