Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would again like to thank all our members who participated in this year's contest,
whether it was entering a photo or voting. You all made it a great success

And the winners are . . .

Couples category
TAWhatley - Traveler And FanFan Sharing Nest Duty

Feral category
Margarret - Loverly Going To Visit Her Friends

Other category
TAWhatley - Precious Fledgling Sparrow

Performing category
Bigislerollers - Let The Good Times Roll

Pet category
Dezirrae - Hope, Just Chillin

Racers category
Dezirrae - Pidge (aka Hidden Cobra)

Show category (4 way tie)

Maryofexeter - Snow
Lady Tarheel - Lucas
Fbirdie82 - John - Frillback
Bigislerollers - English Carriers

Babies category (2 way tie)
Whitefeathers4u - Roller Babies
Jay3 - Baby Pinz

Dezirrae,
A very special THANKS to you.
You did an awesome job of maintaining this contest & ensuring that is ran without a hitch. ;)

Cindy​

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
WOW!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE WINNERS!!

I KNOW THE WINNERS ARE JUST THRILLED!!

DEZ AND CINDY, OUR VERY GRATEFUL THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!

THANK YOU !! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!

LOVE AND HUGS

SHI

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Congratulations to all the winners in the final round! This was a great photo competition and everyone that participated is a winner in my book!

I especially appreciate that Traveler and FanFan got your support in the Couples category. I am very touched that Traveler and his lovely lady were honored in this way. I miss that grand old bird each and every day and am so happy that I had him for all the years that I did. I will tell FanFan in the morning that she and her beloved Traveler won here on Pigeon-Talk.

I also thank everyone who voted for the sparrow picture .. they are such disliked and uncared for little birds here in North America, but anyone that ever had any kind of close relationship with a sparrow knows that they are quite special in their own way .. just ask Susan and David about Spoggy! Or just ask me about the hundreds that I have raised .. lovely little birds!

Special thanks to Dezirrae and AZWhitefeather for doing such a wonderful job in managing the 2008 photo contest .. just SUPERB!

I'm looking forward to next year's contest already!

Terry

PS: Thinking about having another contest in a couple of months that would be videos instead of still photos .. any interest?

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Congratulations to all the winners.
Great job Dez and Cindy. Thank you for your hard work.

A video contest, would be nice.

Reti

·
Registered
892 Posts
I was truly glad to see Traveler honored with first place along with his FanFan and I was especially delighted to see little LOVERLY take top honors . Loverly deserves all the praise and honor we can bestow upon such a brave little fighter. Congrats to the others and big Thanks to Dez & Cindy.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Congratulations to all the winners!!!!

Also, a BIG thank you goes to Cindy and Dez for the outstanding job they did managing the contest.!!! :)

Thank you to all who participated, we certainly had alot of great competition this year.

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
Dear members, thank you so very much for your votes for my babies. Lucas is honored that he shares a 4-way tie with other outstanding pigeons!

I congratulate all the winners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This last contest was probably the hardest to pick a winner from. Especially the babies. I wanted all of them to win! :)

My thanks to Terry, Dez and Cindy for working so hard on this contest.

A little side note about our Lucas. He is paired with Katrina, a dainty, 280 gram tumbler or tippler who is over 8 years old. In all the years we have had Katrina, she never had a mate and it brings tears to my eyes to see how happy she is with Lucas. She doesn't think he is odd looking and adores him. A few weeks ago Katrina laid a tiny egg. We let her set it but after abut 20 days, they both gave up. Two days ago, she laid a normal sized egg and last night laid the second, also normal. We have decided to let them set these eggs so, although we need two more babies like we need a hole in the head, I hope they hatch. Keep your fingers crossed for Katrina and Lucas. :D

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Congratulations to all the winners!! This was really fun. I think a video contest would be great, provided we have enough folks who can post a video to make the contest interesting.
Would we have catagories or what? Could be a hoot!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Congratulations to the winners.

Terry, Deziree and Cindy, MAHALO,(thank you) for all of the hard work that you put into this contest.

Thanks to all who posted pictures and and took the time to vote. I know I had a really hard time to just pick one picture to vote on.

Lastly I believe that all the pictures posted were winners!!! :D

Mahalo Nui Loa (Thank You Very Much)

P.S. Time to start taking pictures for next year.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Oh Wow!! Thank you everyone so much for the compliments. I could not have done it without Cindy & Terry's help AND everyone submitting such wonderful photos! It was fun doing it and I'm already looking forward to next year's (starting setting those great pictures aside now :) )

Hope and Pidge were thrilled to find out they were winners - they were strutting all over the cage last night when we got home from the Corvette show in Carlisle, PA, yesterday. Thank you so much for voting for them :)

I think it would be a great idea to have a video contest in a couple months.

Maggie - I'm keeping all my fingers & toes crossed that Lucas' and Katrina's eggs hatch - I'll be watching & waiting for updates!!

Dexter - how to you say "My pleasure" in hawaiian?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Loverly says thank you with some pictures.

Loverly said she wants to say THANK YOU to everyone for the honor of winning the feral category. And I want to thank everyone who worked so hard on this project. The photo contest is a delight each year as we get to see the best pigeon pictures ever!

For those of you who have followed Loverly's story, here are some pictures taken yesterday. I thought she would be a checker when new feathers grew in, but surprise, she is a little blue bar. She has been moulting those old damaged feathers heavily for the last two weeks, and new feathers are growing in rapidly. You can see some of the irridescence she is getting in one of the pictures. What a little beauty she will be when her molt is done.

Margaret

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
That bird is simply amazing. What else can you say? I wish you would create an album with all the pictures starting with the worst ones.
You're right. It won't be too long before she's going to be one beautiful bird.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Loverly is looking marvelous, Margarret, and only due to your loving care. I think an album would be great....to show that these little birds can fight back and overcome such horrible abuse, they just need a dedicated caretaker.

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
Margaret, I can't help it - I look at Loverly and get teary eyed. She is turning out to be a real beauty.

Is she able to fly? I guess for right now, until all her new feathers come in, she may not be able to.

She is one amazing little pigeon, thanks to you and her will to live.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.