Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some of my pigeons keep coughing or sneezing i found mucus,gum like thing coming from their nose.
they are eating food, feeding to kids as well. i am afraid this would spead it to their kids.
please suggest me on what to do .

thanks.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
How long have they had it?

It certainly will spread, this could be respiratory infection, you need to treat it asap. Be sure to isolate any sick bird with symptoms. However, if the parents are sick, it might be best to isolate the healthy birds, since parents are raising chicks. Don't allow this to continue as it will get worse quickly.

Be sure to hand feed those birds that are not eating enough. Do not allow the birds to breed anymore until this is gone, as the stress of bredding and feeding kids is not helpful.

Doxi & tylosin works well for this, if this is respiratory infection. To avoid this from happening again be sure to keep loft clean of dust and ammonia and they need adequate ventilation without drafts of air, or this will come back.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long have they had it?

It certainly will spread, this could be respiratory infection, you need to treat it asap. Be sure to isolate any sick bird with symptoms. However, if the parents are sick, it might be best to isolate the healthy birds, since parents are raising chicks. Don't allow this to continue as it will get worse quickly.

Be sure to hand feed those birds that are not eating enough. Do not allow the birds to breed anymore until this is gone, as the stress of bredding and feeding kids is not helpful.

Doxi & tylosin works well for this, if this is respiratory infection. To avoid this from happening again be sure to keep loft clean of dust and ammonia and they need adequate ventilation without drafts of air, or this will come back.
they have it for like 2-3 days
i have Doxyclycline 100mg capsules .Is that only enough or i should get Tylosin as well ? Doxycycline dosage?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts