Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1 week old white homer. I noticed the top beak is off to the side. Will this stay like this or as it grows will it straighten out?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
First, I would check what caused the problem, is there any liaison inside the beak.
At this age beak is very soft and it can be corrected easy.
One can use rubber band over the beak to force it in propper direction.
This must be done carefully, not to hurt or further deform beak. Also band should be removed at feeding time, baby to be able to eat. If you leave him with parents, they may peck on the band/baby trying to remove correction band so I would monitor closely.

·
Registered
508 Posts
golly I hope its correctable. good luck.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im thinking bird sat on it wrong or stepped on it. Youngster is 2 weeks old. Male bird is a big white homer. Now to find a small rubberband. Thanks

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
You can cut one from disposable silicon gloves. Do not forget to take of during the feeding time! Baby need food.:)

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I put a very small rubber band. Three loops. Youngster was going nuts. It is 2 weeks old and pretty big compared to my other youngsters.Rubber band shot out like a sky rocket. Hummmmmmmmmmmmm. Duck tape? Just kidding. Also its the bottom beak thats off to the side.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also what I noticed. Top beak is shorter then the bottom beak.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts