Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I would like to know if I can file down a pigeons beak to reshape it? I rescued her a few days ago and she has mid to end of her beak turning to the left. I just want to know how I can try to correct this for her. She just showed up in my yard and sleeps in the garage with my other 2 domesticated pigeons, she is crashing the party out back. :D

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Any new birds should be separated from your own birds for a month, just to be sure they aren't ill with anything that could be shared with your birds. So putting them together isn't a good idea.
As far as the beak, can you post a pic?

·
Registered
37 Posts
If she is eating and drinking fine then it might do more damage to trim it because she's already learned how to get by with the crooked beak.. But this might be better answered by someone that has experience with this kind of condition.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Would be helpful if the poster came back on, and posted a picture. It's been 3 days.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
crooked beak

Sorry I didn't respond back, I ended up trimming the beak with my dogs nail clippers and she seems fine now. I do keep an eye on it, I have not had any resolution on how to permanently fix it but she is healthy and eating. She now has decided to keep living in my yard, she is eating well and drinking water. I don't know if she has a calcium deficiency but I do add it to the birds drinking water.:)

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
You never posted a picture.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts