Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an Old Frill hen and a bronze white capped Catalonian Tumbler cock. They laid eggs a couple days ago and I was wondering what the babies would look like? I have no clue on how genetics work for pigeons and was wondering if anyone had any predictions of what the colors would be, and if the Old Frill's feathery feet/fluffy head would be passed down? Thank you for the help! :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Both birds looks amazingly beautiful. i think the babies will be more like the dad like no crest and stuff but mother nature can play its game. One thing is sure they will be really cute looking birds. would love to see few pictures of the squabs growth when they hatch until adulthood.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both birds looks amazingly beautiful. i think the babies will be more like the dad like no crest and stuff but mother nature can play its game. One thing is sure they will be really cute looking birds. would love to see few pictures of the squabs growth when they hatch until adulthood.
Thank you! :) I will be sure to post pictures when they hatch and grow up a bit! And yeah that's what I thought too, that they may end up looking more like the dad. But I really hope that fluffy head of the mother will carry over.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
They may also look like neither one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know this thread is very old, but after many many unsuccessful attempts at hatching an egg, they finally did it! Their first child hatched yesterday.:D Not sure if anyone still wants to see pics but I can post them if anyone's still curious. I have no idea what color it's feathers are going to be, since this is only day 2.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
Yes, I think some would be interested in seeing them as they grow up. It's always interesting to see how they look.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
I think they will look more like the cock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts