Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently feeding my white kings this custom pellet I get from the feed store. I'm just wondering if this is a good pellet to feed my birds as a sole ration or if I need to supplement something? Any input would be very appreciated.

The ingredients are :
corn & corn byproducts, limestone, pork meal, soy & soy byproducts, synthetic amino acids, trace minerals, vitamins, wheat & wheat by products.

Protein: 20%
Fat: 3.5%
Fibre: 7.3%
Calcium 1.2%
Phosphorus: 0.8%
Sodium 0.16%
Vitamin A : 10,400 IU/KG
Vitamin D : 2595 IU/Kg
Vitamin E : 15 IU/KG

·
Banned
569 Posts
Sounds pretty terrible to me. I would keep looking. I would find a grain and seed and legume mix just for pigeons , it keeps the droppings tighter ,and add supplements like calcium and minerals as well as red grit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds pretty terrible to me. I would keep looking. I would find a grain and seed and legume mix just for pigeons , it keeps the droppings tighter ,and add supplements like calcium and minerals as well as red grit.
Hi Thank you very much for your suggestion, I understand the pork meal is probably not so good for them but not sure about everything else, do you know which of those ingredients would you switch out and for what?

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
I'm currently feeding my white kings this custom pellet I get from the feed store. I'm just wondering if this is a good pellet to feed my birds as a sole ration or if I need to supplement something? Any input would be very appreciated.

The ingredients are :
corn & corn byproducts, limestone, pork meal, soy & soy byproducts, synthetic amino acids, trace minerals, vitamins, wheat & wheat by products.

Protein: 20%
Fat: 3.5%
Fibre: 7.3%
Calcium 1.2%
Phosphorus: 0.8%
Sodium 0.16%
Vitamin A : 10,400 IU/KG
Vitamin D : 2595 IU/Kg
Vitamin E : 15 IU/KG
They ingredients are all horrible except for the corn (I'm betting it is probably GMO corn and not good either), but everything else is BAD. The reason they are all horrible, is because they are all used as a filler, and this food does absolutely nothing to provide health and has no nutrients that a good pigeon seed mix provides. Do not waste your money.

There is no supplementing, don't use it-get a good pigeon seed mix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They ingredients are all horrible except for the corn (I'm betting it is probably GMO corn and not good either), but everything else is BAD. The reason they are all horrible, is because they are all used as a filler, and this food does absolutely nothing to provide health and has no nutrients that a good pigeon seed mix provides. Do not waste your money.

There is no supplementing, don't use it-get a good pigeon seed mix.
What are some ingredients I should look for in a good seed mix? I can't find any pellets specifically for pigeon thats why I had my local feed store custom make these pellets for me. I could ask them to substitute ingredients but I'm not much of an expert on pigeons or nutrition. Again thank you very much for your input it is highly appreciated.

·
Banned
569 Posts
What are some ingredients I should look for in a good seed mix? I can't find any pellets specifically for pigeon thats why I had my local feed store custom make these pellets for me. I could ask them to substitute ingredients but I'm not much of an expert on pigeons or nutrition. Again thank you very much for your input it is highly appreciated.
A good Mix will have Popcorn, Milo, Winter Wheat, Maple Peas, Canadian Peas, *****, Hulled Oats (Oat Groats).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts