Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I'm at a point in my life where I can no longer care for my ringneck dove. I work two jobs and have almost 0 time before I go to bed (at 1am) to give him any attention.

He's stopped cooing and appears to have some sort of respiratory infection; reason I feel this is the case is because of no more cooing, and near constant tailbob, which I've read is an indicator of labored breathing. It sits slightly puffed on the perch a bit, but still preeens, hops/walks around regularly. Not sure if this is the proper forum to post.. but yeah. I need to find someone who will take it in the area. I don't have the time or ability to safely transport or pay for vet fees.

Information about the dove: Ivory, Male, on the small side, and it's roughly one and a half years old (bought from fancier in tn). Had lice when I got it... obviously that's done with now. A tiny piece of its eyelid scabbed up and fell off. It healed but recently its' been crusty. Not a ton of crust, it's just... there.

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Sounds like your little dove is quite sick. Your best bet for him to survive is a rehabber or no kill shelter.

Reti

1 - 2 of 2 Posts