Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hey Nikki! looks like the birds are training properly and is trapping in pretty good. keep it up and have fun! are they loft flying already as a group?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, they are mostly just sticking together as they fly from rooftop to rooftop-does that count? lol. However, when one takes off, the others do as well. Occasionally they actually kinda sorta do a few laps as a solid group, but then one bird will break off and make a wider circle, or one will decide to fly the opposite direction. Yesterday they went pretty far- about 4 houses over, and way up high over a big cedar-which alarmed a blue jay who must be nesting there- he then squawked and got them all headed back towards home. I am amazed at how high and fast they are flying- heck, they are still peeping!

The breeders you and Derrick brought me keep playing musical nestbox, with 2 pair rock solid in the top boxes- except that checker I got from you is trying to take another box as well, expand his empire. Most of the cockbirds are still getting the hang of pigeon nestbox protocol, but they are starting to claim boxes. Your hens claimed a couple of boxes, but I think that intimidates the boys-lol. I am just enjoying observing their antics and choices in mates that they make when left to their own devices. I imagine we will get 6-8 super late hatch babies out of it, which is plenty good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts