Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So today I found my one and only (so far) new roller pigeon youngster dead in it's nest. It was sitting there in the center of the nest just like always when I opened up the loft this morning. Only onthismorning it wasn't breathing or moving anymore. Looked like it had died in it's sleep, it was so perfectly statue-like in appearance. About the only tip off (besides the not breathing or moving) were its eyes. The lids were closed but still so transparent that I could see a big black dot of an eyeball staring out at me. Kinda creepy first thing in the morning, I'll say that for sure. :eek: I will say that this youngster was out of a non proven breeder pair that I got at the beginning of this breeding season who are both UTD with worming and vaccinations. But other than that, I have no clue as to why it died. None of my birds are ill nor displaying any symptoms of possibly becoming ill. Any suggestions, questions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance!

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Are you sure the parents were feeding him? Have you been checking his crop? What happened to his sibling? Did one egg not hatch? How long have you had these birds?
How many birds do you have?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.