Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week ago I went to my loft and one of my cocks fell to the ground and could not fly or stand, when I picked him up he was cold to the touch and was breathing strange. I placed him in a cage with a heat lamp and in about two days he was flying and eating and is now ok as far as I can tell. So today I go to my loft and the hen he has been breeding with, who has been fine, falls to the floor of the loft and in about 30 sec. is dead. She appeared fine when I went in the loft, and then she just hit the floor and died. I need help because I don't have a clue what's going on with them and I don't want to have another one die this way.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Cocci or Canker will not kill bird in an instance. You have bigger problems other than common pigeon diseases, I highly suggest getting your birds dropping tested, FOYS offer fecal test for $25.00 you should try it you might find out whats killing your birds. There are also universities that offer to diagnose dead pigeon bodies. I just don't know how to contact them. Hope this help.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Cocci or Canker will not kill bird in an instance. You have bigger problems other than common pigeon diseases, I highly suggest getting your birds dropping tested, FOYS offer fecal test for $25.00 you should try it you might find out whats killing your birds. There are also universities that offer to diagnose dead pigeon bodies. I just don't know how to contact them. Hope this help.
yes, that is true, a vet would be in order for testing the fecals as well, and or a blood sample. sometimes things go unnoticed and can get lethal. but to disquailify them would be good, so you know what else you can look for.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Definitely need to get the poops checked at a vet. Better than sending them out. Having the poor bird that died checked to see what she had would be best, but don't know whether you can afford that or not. I'm sorry you are having these problems. Please update us if you find out anything. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your bird.

Do get the fecals done.

If you have any other birds that show any symptoms please isolate from the rest.

To narrow health issues down.... have you done any prevention treatment on your birds, like paratyphoid, PMV, e-coli, canker, cocci and worms?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts