Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i just noticed that one of my kings was dead he showed no signs of being ill, i opened his mouth and there was some white runny paste in there,i dont beleive it was canker,cause i know what it looks like,it just looked like white runny paste,could some one tell me what this might be and what to give them,i would hate for it to spread to my other birds.thank you for any info

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
It probably was canker. Treat all your birds for Canker. Canker manifests in different ways...yellow blotches in the throat and mouth are just one of the ways. Most folks don't know that and so they don't treat for canker because they can't see it.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
It can be adenovirus or aspergillosis too. Both of these diseases can cause sudden death without other symptoms.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what does apple cider vinegar in the water do for them,how much and how often do i put it in there,i feed them some bird feed with corn,wheat,milo,safflower seeds,and some other grains in there,thank you for the info

·
Registered
695 Posts
You'll want to put 1-2 tablespoons of ACV in one gallon of water. I'm not sure how often people give it to their birds. The acidity of ACV promotes healthy flora in the gut.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
what does apple cider vinegar in the water do for them,how much and how often do i put it in there,i feed them some bird feed with corn,wheat,milo,safflower seeds,and some other grains in there,thank you for the info
Acv makes the gut flora more acid. The bad bacterias can't live in an acid environment. Some put 2 Tab to the gallon of water, but some birds won't drink it that strong. Some will. Some put 1 Tablespoon to a gallon of water and the birds don't seem to mind it as much. If they will drink that amount, you could try 1 1/2 Tab. until you see what they will do. 2 or three times a week usually. I use the lesser amount, and they don't seem to mind at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts