Pigeon-Talk banner

dead relative?

3043 Views 30 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  maine123
i was in my garden today when i say a pigeon looked like a ferral :rolleyes: any way it stood staring at the floor when i went to pick it up it flapped at me and started looking at the ground again, so when the pigeon went and dame back a few times i dug it up that spot i dug up i mean, any way and found a bird skeleton about 3 inches deep could this be a relative or do birds have good sence of smell:confused:
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
It's the Haley Joel Osment of the bird world....."I see dead pigeons"....LOL

Warning: A dark snese of humor is, in fact, a sense of humor after all.
i was in my garden today when i say a pigeon looked like a ferral :rolleyes: any way it stood staring at the floor when i went to pick it up it flapped at me and started looking at the ground again, so when the pigeon went and dame back a few times i dug it up that spot i dug up i mean, any way and found a bird skeleton about 3 inches deep could this be a relative or do birds have good sence of smell:confused:
If you were able to pick up a feral then he is sick, best to keep an eye out for it if it needs care.
very good point spirit wings!!!
You PICKED UP the feral? That, in itself, doesn't sound good. Never mind the skeleton, you have a sick LIVE bird there.
Picking up a feral that was "looking at the ground".........? The bird IS sick and it's possible that it has PMV and that's why it was "looking at the ground".......
This isn't right at all.
it sounds as if the bird is maybe poorly,more than a skeleton or whatever,think that is just coincidence,please keep an eye on this feral,sounds like he may need some help
Really?!.....
it sounds as if the bird is maybe poorly,more than a skeleton or whatever,think that is just coincidence,please keep an eye on this feral,sounds like he may need some help

Everything happens for a reason.
Pigeons smell almost nothing. Dave
G
me thinks shes been sniffing something :rolleyes:
LOL! I have been wanting to say that! Thanks Lakota, it had to be said. Dave
Pigeons have a good sense of smell supposedly (well, for birds. nothing like dogs), but I'm thinking that spot may just be one unlucky place for ferals. Sounds like the little guy was sick :(
Becky, I disagree, the sense of smell in most birds is very poorly developed, that is why parrots, enjoy hot peppers so much, most birds are sight orientated when it comes to food, NOT scent. JMHO Dave
G
Becky, I disagree, the sense of smell in most birds is very poorly developed, that is why parrots, enjoy hot peppers so much, most birds are sight orientated when it comes to food, NOT scent. JMHO Dave
unless they are a buzzard then its all about the smell ;)
Too true, forgot about that example! But pigeons do not feed on carrion, at least i hope not! I think i did say most birds LOL! Dave ;)
Good grief, Mike, are you sure you didn't make up this story? You're setting yourself up to get some rather negative feedback, because much as everyone here want to help any newcomers, many of your posts are beyond weird -- hope you're not taking the mick, if you'll pardon the pun...
LOL! Teresa, you read my mind! But i am to kind, and considerate to mention it! JUST KIDDING, i believe that this child/adult is playing with us, well not so much me, seen these kind of questions all my life.... But mostly in person. Dave
Yeah, I have noticed he never really answers back alot to what he says. and this one is to weird.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.