Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all. lets start off with the beginning.
i had 2 babys about 2 and a bit weeks old and fed them crushed up wheetbix and milk with a feeding small seringe. theese babys grew up fast storng and healthy. about a month ago one of them began acting weird with another bird that was hangning around. she then laid 2 eggs. she incubated theese to hatching and sadly 4 days after hatching the second she was taked by a cat. now i have 2 more babies. i began feeding them an egg and buiscut premix with milk. they seemed to e doing fine until this afternoon when the older of the babies dis without visable cause. i cannot loose the other one. i belive i owe it to the mother to rase it healthy. i need advice. ive never had to deal with birds soooo young befor and i dont no if it was my fault that it died. please help me if anyone has ANY advice i will be SO greatful.

best wishes
the_raven

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
I am sorry the baby died. Please do not feed them milk. They need better nutrition specific for birds.
Most pet stores carry baby bird formula.
How old is the baby now?

Reti

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Where are you located?

I'm so sorry to hear the babies died. PLEASE make sure when rehabbing the babies, that they are safe and (secure, like a carrier or cage or box) out of harms way of the predators.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.