Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm comparatively new to keeping pigeons.
I've kept Birmingham Rollers for the last 18 months and get a great deal of fun from them. I have 30 rollers and 11 Turkish Dewlaps.
I found this forum whilst looking for information about the dewlaps. I only bought them a few nights ago that and I know absolutely nothing about them. I really am going to need all the help and advice that I can get. I'd like to try and keep and fly them properly.

Here are the birds that I picked up. I got them from a local man who also knew nothing about them. He couldn't even say which were cocks or hens and didn't know which were brothers and sisters. They were extremely cheap. I only paid £20 for eleven of them.

I look forward to getting to know people and to getting my dewlaps sorted out and on the right track

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wow, very nice birds, I wish you were in the US. I have breed and flown Dewlaps for about 30 years. I think they are great. I will try to help you as much as i can. Do they have the dark eye, green as they say in Adana?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Great looking birds and a steal at that price. You should just have to settle them and trap train for 2 to 3 weeks. They don't home so you shouldn't have a problem. Send them up in 2 small kits. You never know what will happen on there first time out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A friend of mine whose had pigeons a lot longer than I have, had a look at them yesterday and together, we've decided that I have 5 cocks and 6 hens. Unfortunately, I still haven't found out much about how to keep them. I don't know about the USA but it seems that they are pretty thin on the ground here in the UK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts