Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've got a young pigeon, only a few weeks old, wondering if I should worm him or is he too young for it.
I've got four others, one definitely has worms, can see it with the naked eye, and also has bit of diarrhea. Though eating fine, and otherwise looks perfectly fine.
The others seem ok, one just laid and egg, swapped it to a fake one.
So should I just worm them all?
I won't give them any food tonight so they fast 24hrs.
Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Young are not dewormed until they are 4 months old.
What kinda worms do u see in droppings??? What's ur idea abt them?? Can u post a pic of droppings? Best is to find what kind of worms ur birds have and then worm accordingly. Or use broad spectrum dewormer like Moxidectin plus
If u want to deworm then deworm all the adults birds at the same time and clean the loft so that they don't get reinfected. Donot deworm those who are raising young. Different dewormers have different way of action so what dewormer u're going to use?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got avitrol plus tablets. It coverts I think everything:
Threadworm (Capillaria sp.), caecal worm (Heterakis sp.), roundworm (Ascaridia sp.), gape worm (Syngamus sp.), gizzard worm (Acuaria sp.) and tapeworm (Raillietina sp.) in caged birds over 250g in bodyweight

http://www.vetnpetdirect.com.au/AVI...25674_a_7c2113_a_7c7895_a_7c7701#.UjqmJMZmhiQ

The young one is about 1 mth old only, so I won't treat him as yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.