Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cock bird that I wanted to deworm because as I can see, he is getting a little bit skinny but not too skinny. Maybe because they raised two clutches of young birds.. They are on their last clutch now (for stock purposes), but the hen is still looking so healthy and her body is in right form even raising 2 clucth of youngsters. Now, do I need to deworm the cock while incubating or is there any other alternatives? The hen laid the 2nd egg just now.. So they will be incubating full time again..

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
I have a cock bird that I wanted to deworm because as I can see, he is getting a little bit skinny but not too skinny. Maybe because they raised two clutches of young birds.. They are on their last clutch now (for stock purposes), but the hen is still looking so healthy and her body is in right form even raising 2 clucth of youngsters. Now, do I need to deworm the cock while incubating or is there any other alternatives? The hen laid the 2nd egg just now.. So they will be incubating full time again..
Before you go giving worm medication, you might first want to insure, that is the real issue. The birds should have been wormed prior to breeding. Could they have been exposed since then ? Giving drugs now, while feeding young, would be IMHO almost a last resort, unless they are sick, and you know with what. There are a whole lot of questions to be asked. This seems very late in the year for breeding, depending on when they started laying eggs and producing young, that could be a whole lot of stress. They could be worn out, they could be a number of things.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts