Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I just completed my first export this week to Taiwan! I have a group of interested buyers there who want to purchase more quality birds from the USA. So, Im meeting with everyone I know locally to see if anyone needs or wants to sell some of their birds. If so, I will compile a list of available birds and submit it to the group via email.

If your interested please send me a PM and we can go from there.

Heres what they are looking for: Any Diploma Bird (Club, Combine, or Federation) & Must have a Pedigree.

R/ Timber

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is! Im still shocked about the whole thing. It has taken a long time to find a way into that market but we are there and I would like to make a good impression with the Taiwanese pigeon fliers.

The group would like to purchase in bulk as shippments only go out once the exporter has enough birds to ship.

Negotiations! OMG! Its a good thing I have a BS degree in Business or I couldnt fully appreciate this process....LOL

If your interested in selling, please send me a PM and Ill give you all the details. This also includes YBs.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I can only imagine the Negotiations with this type of partnership. The Taiwanese are serious about birds and can fork out serious amounts of money. This is a great opportunity and thanks for sharing it with us here! I'll send you a PM.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
How long does it take from the time you ship them until they arrive in country?

Also how long is the quarantine period once the birds arrive?

or do they get their health certificate here in the states and then fly?

Last how much is the whole exporting cost per bird?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How long does it take from the time you ship them until they arrive in country?

This all depends on the destination. But when we shipped to Taiwan, it only took 2 days.

Also how long is the quarantine period once the birds arrive?

Each country is different, Im assuming. But for Taiwan, it was only 7 days.

or do they get their health certificate here in the states and then fly?

They get their health certificates here before they are shipped.

Last how much is the whole exporting cost per bird?

Again, it depends on the destination. Taiwan, it was $90 USD per bird. Other countries may be different.
I am away from home but will return tonight to get our birds ready for our first race this weekend. If you have birds or would like more information, please email me at [email protected] and Ill do my best to answer you. I have a list of all the countries to which we can export to (approx 8) but I do not have that infront of me at this time.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I saw after I posted this was an older thread..thanx for answering. It would be cool to know offspring of my birds are racing around the world. I think it will be a few years before I have birds worth exporting. More then half of my "crew" are gift birds without pedigrees..just good birds.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Export Up Date Oct 1st, 2010 !!

After finally catching up on emails and getting our YB team ready to ship tonight for our 1st race in the morning, Im finally able to get some information posted to those who have asked about exporting birds.

1. I contacted the broker in Taiwan tonight and he informed me that he has clients still looking for birds. I told him to give me a few days to compile a list that I can email him.

2. If you have something that you would like to be included in my email to him, please make sure you email me directly at [email protected] so I can include your birds.

3. I will need the following information to be emailed to me on each bird you want to sell.

A. Full Description of the bird. (Sex, Color, Family Background, etc)
B. Full or Partial Pedigree (I will need the original before we ship)
C. A List of ALL Race Results, if applicable. (Race Reports or Diploma's)
D. An Eye, Wing and Body Picture (The best you can do)
E. Your Asking Price / Bottom Line Price.

4. Once I get all that information, I will forward it on and negotiate the sale for you. Should one of youres be sold, I will contact you with all the information we will need to have it shipped. Once I recieve the payment, I will pay you directly and have you ship the bird to me.

5. If you still have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks......Brian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts