Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All Birds hand fed and in perfect feathers and health.
dna'd certified and ready for new homes.they are 6 months
to 2 years old.

-Palm Cockatoo
-Hyacinth Macaw
-Umbrella cockatoos
-Moluccan cockatoos.
-G. Hill Mynahs.
-Scarlet macaws.
-Blue & gold Macaws
-DYH Amazons.
-Rose Breasted cockatoos.
-Congo African Greys.

will ship if weather permits at buyers expense.
Can provide photos to serious buyers.please
feel free to contact me for more info.
serious contacts only pls.
Nardai ( [email protected] )

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
These types of parrots can be shipped, but there are some high priced breeds there. To have all of those, as mentioned by someone else, is a feat. These types of birds are usually listed on upatsix.com, and not on a pigeon site. Hyacinths are very expensive.

It could be legit but be cautious (as always on the internet).

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Condition freak, you having Greys and all KNOW what type of resources it would take to have all those Species, and be able to sell hatching eggs.
I saw an ad like this some where else, just cannot remember were.... Dave

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Condition freak, you having Greys and all KNOW what type of resources it would take to have all those Species, and be able to sell hatching eggs.
I saw an ad like this some where else, just cannot remember were.... If it were legit, the would have buyers lined up, and not have to advertise here. When i had my Grey pairs, i had them Pre sold 6 months or more in advance, not to mention PALM Cockatoos! Dave

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Yea, my Greys are sold a year in advance. I have a waiting list and can sell all that I can produce. I usually have 12 to 14 a year.

I can not say that it is impossible for someone to be selling these birds on here honestly. But I can say that anyone that has these particular breeds, already knows where they can sell any and all of them. Selling eggs is not unknown, because they can be purchased a lot cheaper, and it takes away a lot of the hassles and problems associated with raising babies. Many parrots will abandon their eggs or babies, and some will actually kill their babies. So it is not unheard of to sell eggs.

However. I have dealt with all types of parrots for many many years, and these two "for sale" ads just do not "smell" right.

LUCKYT, you are absolutely correct. No one would come to this site to sell these types of birds, without a hidden agenda. I personally would not trust the poster of these ads. upatsix.com would be the place to advertize them, but as you stated. Anyone who has these types of breeders, for these species, already has people waiting for babies.

Another thing. If anyone contacts them, and they ain't in California, they for sure are not legit. Florida or Texas maybe, but the big parrot peoples are in California. A Hyacinth, Palm or Rose Breasted cost big bucks and few breed them successfully. Of course, some do though.

Proceed with caution.

Since I have been coming to this pigeon site, I have been amazed how many post ads here that get "caution" and "be wary" postings from others on their for sale threads, with none of the original posters defending themselves at all. No phone numbers posted. No references posted. No web site links posted. They just fade away.

I double dare the original poster of these two ads for parrots here, to defend their honor and show me how big a blow hard I am.

It won't happen..............

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Not that it means a whole lot in this day and age, but the company info for "luxmail.com" is

Maxoom
291 Rizwan Block Awan Town
Lahore, Punjab 54780,
PAKISTAN

and the value of the entire company is estimated at just over 6 thousand dollars. Strange but true. :)

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Ha Ha. One ad has the name "Nardai", and the other ad from the same people, has the name "Wendy".

I guess they got smarter after they read their ad. :)

For those that do not know, dna'd refers to a procedure whereupon you take a drop of blood from the bird and have it lab tested to determine the "sex" of the parrot, as many parrots are darn near impossible to tell males from females without surgery to look at their sex organs inside, or DNA testing.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Ha Ha. One ad has the name "Nardai", and the other ad from the same people, has the name "Wendy".

I guess they got smarter after they read their ad. :)

For those that do not know, dna'd refers to a procedure whereupon you take a drop of blood from the bird and have it lab tested to determine the "sex" of the parrot, as many parrots are darn near impossible to tell males from females without surgery to look at their sex organs inside, or DNA testing.
OR if they lay an egg! lol
I hand raised my Mollucan cockatoo, I didn't know what it was (m/f), but didn't care either. After 14 years, I assumed it was a male. Until HE laid his
1st egg last year! ;)

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Ha Ha. Well, if "he" had never laid an egg, "he" would have lived his entire life with a bouys name :)

P.S. Did you change "his" name?
LOL, I named him "Lexi" - if it was a male, Alexander, if it was a female, Alexis. I planned ahead! lol
I got it free at 3 months old. Came from an aviary that had polyoma virus go thru. This was one of the surviving babies.
Downside - I can't let her go near other parrots (or birds in the parrot family)
I have her tested periodically - she is still a carrier of polyoma virus (after 14 years) But she's healthy :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts