Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have the same issue with my old bird. I was handed a loft, pigeons and clock from a Old-timer and I’m trying to re-home them now. I gave them nest bowls to get them on eggs and I have read in a 1950’s pigeon book that the best time to open the loft for them is between 10 and 14 days on the eggs. But replace the eggs with dummy eggs if you don’t need the youngsters. I build an aviary onto my loft and the pigeons spent 80% of the day in there. I have a couple of YB’s that i have homed as well. Some were missing for up to 4 days and came back. Lost 2 of the 9 YB’s. Every weekend I add two Old birds to the young bird loft and open the loft and walk away. Never chase them, That is the biggest mistake you can make. I only have 28 pigeons and 12 is homed now. They ranged from 2003 to 2007 the old birds. I only need about 20 old birds for the season starting in August. So will do with them what i can. I did ask the guy to chase them away and not to feed them at his place but he feels sorry for them and they use to be his pride .....................

1 - 1 of 1 Posts