Pigeon-Talk banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Thanks Maggie. We don't breed, so have had no problems, but will have to reconsider using the pads now.

On the subject of tobbacco stalks, a lot of our pigeons are white and they haven't got any stains.

Cynthia

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have used tobacco stems with no problems and great results, I would recommend it, the birds love making their nest with it, which brings up a Question to the rest of you? Are you making the nest for the birds? I let the birds build the nest for themselves and they seem to love doing it, i just place an empty "usually disposable nest" bowl in the nest box and place the nesting material on a wall by the floor and let the birds pick up what they want for their nest, they do it in no time at all flying back and forth until it suits them! Part of their natural instinct is to build a nest i wouldn't want them to lose that!

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
...Part of their natural instinct is to build a nest i wouldn't want them to lose that!
Thanks for the input. Yep, their drive to collect nice twiggy bits is strong! Charlie has an unusual technique involving flinging it over his shoulder first. ;)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts